FHS Band Schedule for Week of July 16th
Tue-Wed, July 17th-18th - New Member Marching - 9:30 a.m. - Noon
- Please wear sneakers, socks, comfortable clothing, sunglasses, hat, etc.
- Please bring water
- Be patient - bring your brains and a positive attitude. Everyone will do well.
Tue 17th - Booster Meeting - 7 p.m. - Band Room
Wed 18th - Alto Saxes & Mellophones - 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Thu 19th - Brasses - 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Students are required to inform Mr. Walker if he/she is on vacation during a scheduled rehearsal.
IMPORTANT!! Shoe and glove purchase information:
A representative from Western MD Music Center will do student shoe and glove fittings/purchases on the afternoon of Monday, July 23rd.
Band Shoes - $26.00
Guard Shoes - $32.50
Band Gloves - $5 - all brass and woodwind students should have two pairs - although guard and percussion students do not perform with gloves, it is recommended that they have them for warmth when not performing.
Please make all checks payable to Western MD Music Center.
- Please DO NOT make checks for shoes/gloves to the band boosters - it will be returned, as it goes to the music store.
- Please give your shoe/glove $$ to the rep from the music store. DO NOT give $$ to Mr. Walker or place in band office deposit box.
Volunteers - Important! ALL parents/guardians who plan to work concessions, chaperone trips, or be involved with students in any capacity must be approved as volunteers by the Mineral County Board of Education. Everyone must be approved ANNUALLY - ALL volunteers MUST reapply. If you are a new parent/guardian, a copy of your TB test must be submitted to Mr. Walker. Applying to be a volunteer is EASY - please access the attached link and submit to Mr. Riley. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Walker.