Friday, July 21st - Student Leaders - 9:30 a.m.-Noon
Band Camp Week One Schedule – July 24th-28th
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. *Outside – Fundamentals and Drill (BE EARLY!)
12:30-1:15 p.m. Lunch
1:15-3:30 p.m. *Inside – Music Rehearsal
*Weather Permitting – If it rains significantly during the morning, we may go outside during the afternoon for drill
Lunch – NO ONE LEAVES CAMPUS IN ANOTHER PERSON’S CAR. If you are late returning from lunch, you will not be permitted to leave for the remainder of Band Camp.
• EAT BREAKFAST! You must eat or you will get sick!
- Stay hydrated
- Drinks will be provided, but please also have your own water.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately! Always wear sneakers, socks, appropriate shorts, t-shirts, sunglasses, hats, and have sunscreen and bug spray.
Shoe/Glove Fitting – Wed, July 26th
Band Shoes - $24.99
Guard Shoes - $31.50
Gloves (Woodwinds & Brasses) - $5.00/pair
- MAKE ALL CHECKS/MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO WESTERN MD MUSIC CENTER
• Do not makes checks for shoes/gloves to the band boosters! Do not give $$ Mr. Walker or place in deposit box. Please give all $$ for shoes/gloves to Mr. Bowers from Western MD Music Center.
1. BE EARLY
2. BE PREPARED
3. BE KIND (to EVERYONE)
4. BE RESPECTFUL
SENIORS: Immunizations must be done BEFORE the start of Band Camp (July 24th). Please provide Mr. Walker with a copy.
Volunteers - Important! ALL parents/guardians who plan to work concessions, chaperone trips, or be involved with students in any capacity must be approved as volunteers by the Mineral County Board of Education. Everyone must be approved ANNUALLY - ALL volunteers MUST reapply. If you are a new parent/guardian, a copy of your TB test must be submitted to Mr. Walker. Applying to be a volunteer is EASY - please access the attached link and submit to Mr. Riley. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Walker.
The Frankfort High School Band has been a proud representative of the state of West Virginia for two consecutive Presidential Inaugural Parades. It was a great honor to have performed for
President Barack Obama in 2013 and President Donald Trump in 2017.