Home Football - Friday, September 21st
5:45 p.m. - Report (be EARLY) and get dressed
6:10 p.m. - Rehearse National Anthem w/8th grade band students
6:30 p.m. - March to Stadium
6:50 p.m. - Pregame - with 8th grade band students
7 p.m. - Kickoff
Halftime - We perform
9:30-9:45 - End of game/march back to band room/dismissal once everything is put away
Preston Show - Saturday, September 22nd
3 p.m. - Report and Load (be EARLY - yes, Mr. Walker will be early, too)
3:30 - Depart (Please note change in departure time)
App. 5:15 - Arrive at Preston HS
6 p.m. - Show begins
6:30 p.m. - We perform
8:45 p.m. - Awards/end of show
App. 10:45-11 p.m. - Return to FHS and put everything away (we will send a text and post on Facebook our return time on Saturday evening)
- Chaperones are requested. If possible, we would like to have 2-3 per bus.
- It is going to be HOT on Friday (high of 88 degrees) - please be prepared.
- It is going to be nice in Kingwood on Saturday (high of 73 degrees). Be prepared for chilly temps at dusk.
- If we receive tickets, I will let everyone know. Please come to the show and show support for our kids. We had lots of families attend last weekend - the kids truly appreciate it!
- Performance Schedule: Northern Garrett 6:00Southern Garrett 6:15Frankfort 6:30Keyser 7:00Grafton 7:15Elkins 7:30Fairmont Sr. 7:45Philip Barbour 8:00Preston 8:15Alderson Broaddus University 8:308:45 Awards
- Parents/Guardians wishing to take their children after Saturday's show must sign them out. We do NOT allow students to ride home with anyone other than their parents. We take this very seriously - your child's safety is our top priority. Administrative permission may be granted, but you must take care of it in advance.
- Students, YOU are responsible for returning your instrument, uniform, and other equipment to its proper place upon return to school. This responsibility is part of your grade - see Band Handbook. If you ride home with your parents and you ask someone else to return your stuff, please make sure they do it. If they drop the ball, it is still your responsibility, and all appropriate grade deductions will apply. This was a problem for a few students last weekend.
- Energy drinks - are NOT permitted while you are with the band
Friday, September 28th - Football @ Mountain Ridge
- Info TBA
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES/ADDITIONS TO THE BAND CALENDAR
- Adjudication - The date on our schedule is WRONG. Adjudication for high schools will be on Wednesday, March 20th, 2019. We typically have an afternoon performance.
- Graduation - The date has been changed to Saturday, June 1st, 2019 at 4 p.m.
- Band Camp 2019 -will be July 22nd-26th (Week One) and July 29th-August 2nd (Week Two). We are communicating these dates now (which are the same as Band Camp 2018) so families may plan their summer vacation schedules. Students may NOT miss Band Camp.
Volunteers - Important! ALL parents/guardians who plan to work concessions, chaperone trips, or be involved with students in any capacity must be approved as volunteers by the Mineral County Board of Education. Everyone must be approved ANNUALLY - ALL volunteers MUST reapply. If you are a new parent/guardian, a copy of your TB test must be submitted to Mr. Walker. Applying to be a volunteer is EASY - please access the attached link and submit to Mr. Riley. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Walker.