2019-2020 SCHEDULE POSTED - SEE CALENDAR
Schedule for June 17th-22nd, 2019
New Member Marching Clinic
Tue-Wed, June 18-19 - 9:30 a.m. - Noon
- Please be EARLY.
- Please wear TENNIS SHOES and comfortable clothing. Please wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Please bring a container of water.
- EAT BREAKFAST! Never come to band rehearsal on an empty stomach!
- RELAX! We will make this fun! We have never had a new member that wasn't able to learn how to march. None of our new students are in danger of breaking our record. We learn in small steps. Be patient - I promise you that band will be a FANTASTIC experience for all of you!
- Student Leaders - DO NOT FORGET TO ATTEND! We need you to model and help teach your sections!
- Please bring all paperwork and uniform fees to your first rehearsal.
Flutes/Clarinets - Tuesday, June 18th - 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Saxes/Brasses - Wednesday, June 19th - 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Bring your instruments and music
- Please bring all paperwork and uniform fees.
- New members, do not worry about memorization! Again, we work on this in small steps. Be patient - you will be fine!
Mineral County Fair Parade (Vets and Alumni ONLY)
Saturday, June 22nd - 4 p.m.
- Report Time - 3 p.m. at Fort Ashby Primary School
- The band room will be open from 2:30-2:45 p.m. for any student needing to pick up instruments and/or equipment.
- Attire - band t-shirt, appropriate shorts, tennis shoes, socks
- Parade route begins at FAP and ends at the fairgrounds
- Attendance: If you are on vacation during a rehearsal, you must inform Mr. Walker IN ADVANCE. If you did not put your vacation on the list, please e-mail me. Unexcused absences from rehearsal can result in dismissal from the band! Please communicate!
- Fair Parade: Unless you are on vacation, you are REQUIRED to march in the Fair Parade. Please invite grads to perform in the parade.
- Please place uniform fees in the band office deposit box. We would like to have all fees paid by next week. Please let Mr. Walker know if you are having financial difficulties. All conversations will be confidential.
- In addition to emails, check out the band's (and band boosters) Facebook page, as well as our website - www.frankfort.org. Updated info can be found on both sites.
Volunteers - Important! ALL parents/guardians who plan to work concessions, chaperone trips, or be involved with students in any capacity must be approved as volunteers by the Mineral County Board of Education. Everyone must be approved ANNUALLY - ALL volunteers MUST reapply. If you are a new parent/guardian, a copy of your TB test must be submitted to Mr. Walker. Applying to be a volunteer is EASY - please access the attached link and submit to Mr. Riley. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Walker.